Speaking Tour Day 4: Notes From the Road
We have completed the Western segment of the Distinguished Advisor Workshop (DAW) speaking tour and have met many talented advisors along the way. As is the case with any session of this nature, the level of value increases when peer learning is part of the process, so your participation is appreciated!
I’ve been sharing thoughts around the topics of business transition and the next generation, as well as business continuity planning. Some advisors who don’t work in these areas might be asking the question: why should I attend this type of session? Here are some things to think about:
- It’s likely that your clients are facing transition related issues, such as business transactions and succession planning. These areas can require a lot of support to compensate for knowledge gaps, so checking in with clients on a regular basis and getting a sense of what they are up to is an important must for advisors.
- Although you might not be the one to perform whatever transition related assistance is required, advisors should seek to have a range of skillsets within their professional network, to assist clients when needed. Advisors that are well connected are in a position to add tremendous value to clients.
- Those who are not up to date on client needs run the very real risk of being replaced by advisors who do a better job in this regard. Clients expect more than just completion of the deliverable at hand, and successful advisors know how to ensure that they are providing incremental value.
Advisors can enhance their position by taking the time to understand the issues that their clients are facing, being a supportive, while objective sounding board, and making the right connections when needed. Raise the likelihood that you are the first call that your clients make, in the comfort that, one way or another, you can help.
Join us at the remaining DAW sessions in Toronto and Ottawa to learn more; you can register here
Latest posts by Jenifer Bartman (see all)
- Strategic Business Planning Course Now Available! - July 13, 2017
- Appointment to the Board of Directors of CMC-Global Institute - June 20, 2017
- Speaking Tour Day 4:Notes From the Road - June 2, 2017