MEDIA: CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel (November, 2017)
It was my pleasure to appear on the CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel again this past weekend with Michael Hyatt and John Northcott. We discussed the week in business, including:
- New report finds Canadian technology companies lagging in terms of female leadership. Why are there so few women leading tech companies?
- Women won’t have equality for 100 years, according to a report from the World Economic Forum. What will it take to close the gender gap?
- Financial literacy month. Why is this such an important topic for Canadians?
The stories about the lack of female leaders in tech companies and gender inequality are discouraging, in terms of how our world should look in 2017. Although much progress has been made, there is still so much left to accomplish. We can all help to make strides in this area by ensuring that the companies and organizations within which we work have appropriate systems in place to support progress that is fair for everyone. We can also support young women and girls in knowing that they can achieve anything in their lives, regardless of their gender, and ensuring that action is taken to make this happen. Too often, companies and organizations defer to the “same old” practices, and this is an important impediment that must be resolved. Simply put, it’s time to shatter the mold.
Much has been done to support financial literacy on a personal level, but many business leaders lack the finance knowledge that is required to build and grow a successful company. We can help entrepreneurs and business leaders to understand what they need to know, setting them apart from others.
Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts with your viewers, CBC!
- MEDIA: CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel (November, 2023) - November 7, 2023
- MEDIA: CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel (September, 2023) - September 11, 2023
- Celebrating 6 Years on the CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel (August, 2023) - August 30, 2023