Speaking Tour Day 3: Notes From the Road
We’ve been out on the Distinguished Advisor Workshop (DAW) speaking tour for a few days now, and have visited Vancouver and Edmonton. It’s been great to talk to advisors about their own businesses, as well as some of the general situations that arise when working with clients.
I’ve been sharing thoughts around two topic areas: Next Generation Continuity Planning and Building Business Continuity Plans. Given that so many companies are poised to change hands, now and in the not so distant future, these area critical areas for advisors to understand. Here are a few thoughts to consider:
- Transitioning a company from one set of owners to the next (and one set of leaders to the next) is a specialized area; something that most business leaders will encounter only once in their career. Often times, they lack the knowledge of where to start when considering this important issue.
- It’s often been said that it’s “lonely at the top”, and this is never more true than when dealing with transition.
- In the absence of a well developed plan to raise the likelihood of business continuity over the long term, companies face the risk of ceasing to exist; an unfortunate end to what might be a lifetime of work.
Will you be the advisor to answer the call, when a client needs assistance in this area? Are you ready to answer this important call? Learn more about our DAW speaking tour here
- MEDIA: CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel (May, 2021) - May 3, 2021
- MEDIA:CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel (April, 2021) - April 5, 2021
- MEDIA: CBC News Network Weekend Business Panel (February, 2021) - February 8, 2021